Easy breadmaker bread recipe
- 500g flour
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp dried milk powder
- 1 1/2 tsp bread improver
- 1 1/4 tsp dried yeast
- 300ml water, lukewarm
- 1 tbsp margarine or butter
In a large bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients.
Place the water and margarine in your breadmaker tin.
Add the dry mix on top.
Set your breadmaker to the basic bread setting.
Remove from breadmaker as soon as it is cooked so you keep the nice crispy crust. Slice when cooled.
- This makes a 750g loaf. Bread improver is sold in the supermarket in the baking section and is often right beside the flour. It is inexpensive and really makes a difference to the density of the loaf.
- I used a Breville breadmaker to test this loaf.
- You need to use scales and proper measuring equipment for this recipe to ensure it works. There is a bit of science to breadmaking so if you are careful with your measuring, it will ensure a great loaf every time.
- This took about 2 hours from beginning to end in the breadmaker.
Related bread recipes
- Irish soda bread
- Mushroom and haloumi turkish bread
- Soft poppyseed milk bread
- Turkish bread pizzas
- Zucchini bread
- Banana bread
This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.