Mini lamb burgers recipe
Lamb burger patties
- 1kg lamb mince
- 1 red onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- mozzarella cheese, grated
- tomato sauce
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
Place all of the patty ingredients, except the olive oil, into a food processor and process until combined. Form them into small patties.
Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and fry each patty for 2 minutes each side to brown. Place on the baking tray and bake for 20 minutes.
Preheat the griller.
Split your buns and place the rocket on each one with a dollop of mayonaise. Place a patty on top with a little cheese.
Place under the griller for 3 minutes until the cheese is just melted. Add some tomato sauce to each burger and place the bun on top. Serve immediately.
- If you try to fry these little lamb patties in the pan until cooked through they just dry out. Cooking them in the oven in bulk is a much faster way to feed a hungry crowd. You can brown these the day before and pop them into the oven when you are ready to eat.
- I like to serve a nice bowl of tzatziki beside these burgers. The dip matches very well with lamb flavours.
- Be really careful to watch when you are melting the cheese. You want it just melted on your hamburger.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder..