Peach, mango and coconut crumble recipe
Crumbles make a great winter dessert and this peach, mango and coconut crumble is a little taste of summer in a winter dessert.
- 1 large tin (825g) peaches
- 1 tin (425g) mango, sliced
- 2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 125g butter, melted
Preheat oven to 180°C. Butter a dish for your crumble and set aside.
Combine the peaches and mango slices in a bowl and pour into your crumble dish.
In a separate bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, coconut and butter.
Pour the crumble mix onto the fruit and spread evenly.
Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Traditional crumbles require you to rub the butter through the oat mixture with your fingertips. You can do this with this recipe but I have used melted butter for those in a hurry.
- If you have some flaked almonds on hand they make a great addition to the fruit in this recipe. Just stir half a cup into the fruit before you add the crumble topping.
- Crumbles taste great served with ice-cream, runny custard or even a nice thick Greek yoghurt.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.