Cherry tomato, anchovy and capsicum spaghetti recipe
- 200g spaghettini, cooked al dente
- 5 anchovies, chopped roughly
- 1 stick of fresh thyme or 1tsp dried thyme
- 60g parmesan cheese, shaved or finely grated
- zest of 1 lemon + juice of half
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 green capsicum, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp garlic infused oil or ½ clove garlic crushed/finely chopped mixed with 2 tbsp olive oil
In a mortar and pestle, bruise the thyme, add the garlic oil and mash until combined.
Toss into the spaghettini and add cherry tomatoes, green capsicum and anchovies.
Put on heat for 2 minutes just to combine and infuse. Toss through parmesan and serve.
- Seriously, the whole thing takes 10 minutes or 15 minutes tops. There's nothing quite as magical as something that's quick, easy, healthy and absolutely yummy.
- I had a lovely cooking experience making this yesterday with my girls. I was craving one of my old, old favourites from when I was a single gal and thought I'd give the kids a try at it.... so I cooked up some spaghettini (really thin spaghetti) and whilst it was cooking got my girls to help make the rest.
- This recipe was created by Melissa Klemke for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.