Easy lolly birthday cake recipe
This is a chocolate birthday cake with chocolate icing that the kids can help you make. You can decorate it artfully or just pile those lollies on. Find more on Kidspot New Zealand.
- 1 easy chocolate cake
- 1 quantity chocolate flavoured icing
- 1 large bag Maltesers
- 1 bag Smarties
- 1 small packet mini M& 's
- 2 Cadbury Flakes
Place your easy chocolate cake on a serving plate and coat very generously with the chocolate icing mixture.
Decorate with Maltesers, Smarties and M&M's, pressing each piece in firmly as you go.
Crumble the Flakes over the top and serve.
- This cake really needs a thick coating of icing to get the lollies to adhere to the cake.
- If you have time and are looking to make this cake extra special, you can fill it with whipped cream that has been flavoured with a little vanilla and icing sugar.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.