Easy chocolate cake recipe
This chocolate cake is made from pantry ingredients and requires little cooking experience. Just throw it all in the bowl and mix it up. Find more on Kidspot New Zealand.
- 1 cup self-raising flour, sifted
- 1/3 cup cocoa, sifted
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 24cm cake tin and set aside.
Place all ingredients into a bowl and mix on high for 4 minutes.
Pour into cake tin and bake for 35-40 minutes or until the cake springs back when lightly touched in the centre.
- This recipe is great for when you have to whip up a cake in a hurry.
- This recipe work for cupcakes too. Just pour even amounts into 12 patty pans and bake for 12-15 minutes at 180°C.
- I have tried this recipe using my blender and food processor. It gives the same great results every time.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.