Mini pita pizzas recipe
Who doesn't love pizza? With these healthy, high fibre pizzas you can indulge - without feeling even the slightest bit guilty. Feta, char-grilled capsicum and tomato load them with a family-friendly yet gourmet taste, but you can easily modify flavours if needed. Easy, tasty and healthy? Brilliant!
- 4 small wholemeal pita bread
- 180g tomato-based pasta sauce
- 4 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp Italian Herbs
- 150g char-grilled red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- 12 individual black olives in brine, pitted
- 4 sprig fresh rosemary
Preheat oven to 200°C.
Place the pita breads onto a baking tray. Spread tomato pasta sauce over the base of each pita. Arrange your tomato slices and onion on top and sprinkle with dried herbs.
Add capsicum and sprinkle with feta. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then add olives and rosemary.
Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden and cooked.
- This is a quick and easy version of individual pizzas. We've boosted the fibre content by using wholemeal pita bread.
- For littlies who don’t like olives, they can easily be omitted. You can also add things like grilled chicken as a substitute, or mix up the topping variations. Just remember to keep the toppings healthy.
- Any leftovers can be refrigerated overnight and reheated in a moderate oven for 10-15 minutes. These are also suitable to freeze for up to 3 months.
- This recipe was written by Weight Watchers for Kidspot.