Avocado salsa recipe
This avocado salsa is the perfect accompaniment to Mexican dishes or barbequed meats. Pile it on tacos, nachos or anywhere you would normally use guacamole. Find more on Kidspot New Zealand.
- 2 large ripe avocadoes, cut into a large dice
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 tomato, de-seeded and diced
- 2 tbsp coriander (leaves only, no stems)
- 3 tbsp lime juice or lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Tabasco
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
Place all ingredients into a bowl and gently toss.
Find more vegetarian recipes
- Adding a crushed clove of garlic to this recipe gives it a great flavour boost.
- You may also like to add a chopped de-seeded cucumber to this recipe if avocadoes are expensive. The cucumber bulks out the salsa without ruining the flavour.
This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.