Chicken quesadillas recipe
This simple version of the quesadilla is open for you to add your favourite ingredients. A quesadilla is essentially some type of meat with cheese, folded into a tortilla and cooked. You can make it your own.
- 4 tortillas
- 6 tbsp cream cheese
- 3 shallots
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 2 cups mozarella cheese
Lay out the tortillas on the bench. Mix the cream cheese with the shallots. Spread equal amounts on each tortilla.
Top with chicken and cheese. Fold in half.
Heat a frying pan or a contact grill. Spray the pan or grill with canola oil and grill. Turn halfway through. Cut into wedges and serve with avocado salsa.
- Some other great ingredients you can add to your quesdillas are corn, canned chillies, refried beans, avocado and mince that has been cooked with taco seasoning.
- I use my sandwich press to make these.
- You need to be careful when serving as the cheese gets really hot and they need to be left a few minutes after they come from the pan or grill.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
Find more chicken recipes:
- Apricot chicken with parsley
- Asian chicken noodles
- Caramelized apple and cheese-stuffed chicken breasts
- Chicken fried rice
- Cheat's chicken biryani
- Chicken and cheese pasta bake
- Chicken and pumpkin risotto
- Chicken and sugar snap stir fry
- Chicken and vegetable pie
- Chicken bacon and mushroom fettucine
- Chicken balls
- Chicken risotto
- Chicken satay skewers
- Crispy chicken thighs with rosemary and potatoes
- Easy chicken casserole
- Easy Chinese lemon chicken