Pizza scrolls recipe
These pizza scrolls are perfect for after school snacks and will save you dollars! They are also great picnic food so get mixing!
- 2 cups Greek-style yoghurt
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup Italian tomato cooking sauce (passata)
- 3 cups mozarella cheese, grated
- 100g bacon,diced
- 1 tbsp Italian herbs and spices blend
Preheat oven to 190°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the yoghurt and self raising flour and mix until a ball forms.
Turn out onto a floured bench and knead for 5 minutes. Add extra flour if the dough is too sticky.
Roll out into a large rectangle of even thickness using a rolling pin.
Spread tomato sauce evenly over the entire dough surface.
Sprinkle bacon and 2 cups of cheese all over the tomato sauce.
Shake over the Italian herbs.
Roll the dough up starting at the short side. Slice 2cm pieces off and place cut side up on tray.
Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Bake for 20-25 mins until golden.
- These scrolls are so simple and have a great pizza flavour.
- Sliced olives are a great addition to this recipe.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
Find more bread recipes:
- Irish soda bread
- Mushroom and haloumi turkish bread
- Soft poppyseed milk bread
- Turkish bread pizzas
- Zucchini bread
- Banana bread