Vegetable pikelets recipe
These savoury vegetable pikelets are full of hidden veggies that the kids won't see. They are perfect for toddlers and can also be popped into lunch boxes.
- 2 cups wholemeal self-raising flour
- 2 cups raw vegetables, chopped finely
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- salt and pepper
- 50g butter (for frying)
- Cream cheese with some chives to serve
In a bowl, whisk all ingredients together.
Heat a little butter in a frying pan. Using quarter cup measures, fry each pikelet until golden and turn.
Serve warm with cream cheese spread on top.
- This recipe makes 12 pikelets.
- For this recipe I used grated carrot, cauliflower, broccoli and shallots. You can just use whatever veggies you have on hand.
- Don't forget to season these well. They really need the flavour!
- You can use low-fat milk and low-fat tasty cheese if you want to lower the fat content.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.