Bang bang chicken recipe
Bang bang chicken not only has a great name but adults AND kids will love it. It has a beautiful crisp salad with chicken and a more-ish peanut sauce to go with it.
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 6 shallots, thinly shredded
- 2 carrots, finely sliced
- 1/2 telegraph cucumber, de-seeded and finely sliced
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 4 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 3/4 cup boiling water
To make the sauce, whisk all of the ingredients together and set aside.
In a bowl, whisk the vinegar and sugar together.
Place the vegetables into the bowl and toss until well coated.
Using tongs, put the vegetables on a serving platter and lay the chicken on top.
Drizzle with the sauce and sprinkle the sesame seeds on top.
- It is best if the vegetables in this recipe are finely sliced. An easy way to do this is to use a vegetable peeler to make ribbons and slice them lengthways.
- I have seen some Bang bang chicken recipes that include vermicelli noodles with the salad. These would be a great addition if you were making it a main meal.
- The sauce will keep for up to a week in the refrigerator.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.