Mexican pizza recipe
- 2 ready-made pizza base or 2 quantities of 2 ingredient pizza dough
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 500g minced beef
- 1 sachet Taco seasoning
- 1 tin of diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup water
- 1 jar chunky salsa
- 4 cup pizza cheese, grated
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 tbsp water
- 2 avocadoes
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 200°C. Place the pizza bases on an oiled tray.
In a frying pan, heat the oil and fry the mince until it is well browned. Drain any fat from the mince and add the taco seasoning. Add the corn and tomatoes. Stir in the water after 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
Spread half of the meat mixture over each pizza base.Top with cheese and place in the oven for around 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted to your liking. Remove from oven.
Mix the sour cream with the 4 tbsp of water and pour it into the centre of each pizza.
Mix the avocado with the garlic, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Place scoops of avocado on top of each pizza and pour half of the jar of salsa on top.
Slice and serve.
- This is definitley a knife and fork pizza as it can get a little messy.
- I like to add a little Tabasco to the avocado but this may not be family friendly for the little ones.
- This recipe as created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.