Ice cream slice recipe
This ice cream slice uses sweetened condensed milk and can include your favourite chocolate bars or lollies. It's a perfect dessert for summer days and great to pass around at parties.
- 1 1/2 pkts Malt biscuits
- 1 tin (400g) sweetened condensed milk
- 600ml thickened cream
- 2 large Crunchie bars, roughly chopped
Line a slice tin with cling film. Place a layer of biscuits in the tin.
In a bowl, whip the cream and condensed milk together using a mixer until thick.
Fold in Crunchy bars.
Pour over the biscuits and top with remaining biscuits.
Freeze overnight. Cut into sections and serve.
- You can use any confectionery bars that you fancy. I have tried using Cherry Ripes, M & M's and peppermint Crisp's with this recipe.
- You cannot cut these biscuits to fit as they shatter when you put a knife near them. I just used two rows and cut off the excess ice cream once the slice was frozen.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.