Pop tarts recipe
- 2 sheets frozen shortcrust pastry, defrosted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 6 tbsp jam or 6 tsp cinnamon sugar
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
Brush one sheet all over with the beaten egg.
Lightly score the pastry into 6 rectangles.
Place the jam or cinnamon in each rectangle.
Place the second sheet of pastry on top of the first.
Cut into 6 rectangles. Use a fork to press the edges of each pastry together.
Brush with beaten egg.
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden.
- These Pop tarts aren't an exact copy but they are delicious pastries.
- You can fill these with a tablespoon of Nutella for something different.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.