Chocolate chocolate chip muffins recipe
- 1 3/4 cup plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp cocoa
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with patty pans.
In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cocoa. Add caster sugar and stir in 1 cup of chocolate chips.
In a jug, whisk together the egg, oil, vanilla extract and milk.
Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and fold together until just combined.
Fill the patty pans and sprinkle the extra 1/2 cup of chocolate chips over the top of the muffins.
Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Using a measuring cup to fill the patty pans is a sure way to have a uniform end product. I used a 1/4 cup measure for these muffins.
- You could use white chocolate chips for a variation.
- If you use a mini-muffin pan, this will make 24.
Related muffin recipes:
- Choc chip muffins
- Cinnamon muffins
- Quick muffins
- Invisible apple muffins
- Raspberry muffins
- Oat, date and honey muffins
This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.