Nicoise salad recipe
Nicoise salad is classic salad and is a meal in it's own right. Being full of fresh salad veges and tuna makes it a complete meal. Find more on Kidspot New Zealand.
- 12 chat potatoes, cooked and halved
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- 400g green beans,
- blanched 8 small truss (Amoroso) tomatoes,
- quartered 1 cup kalamata olives,
- pitted 2 baby cos lettuce, larger leaves roughly shredded
- 1 tin (425g) Italian-style tuna Dressing
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 white wine vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp sugar
In a bowl, toss the potatoes, beans, tomatoes, olives and lettuce.
Arrange flaked tuna and boiled eggs on top when ready to serve.
In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing and drizzle over the top right before serving.
- Cooked fresh tuna is very nice in this recipe and you will need about three cooked tuna steaks for this quantity.
- If you are serving in individual bowls, you can line them with lettuce for presentation and dress them just before serving.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.