Peaches and custard pancakes recipe
- 2 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup thick vanilla custard + more for topping
- 800g tinned peach slices, drained
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
In a bowl, sift the flour and whisk in the eggs, vanilla extract, sugar and milk. Mix until well combined.
Chop half of the peaches and reserve the rest for topping the pancakes. Stir the custard and peaches through the batter.
Heat a little butter in a frying pan and fry 1/3 cup measures of batter until golden on both sides.
Top with extra vanilla custard and tinned peaches.
- These are great with some maple syrup drizzeled over the top.
- This recipe makes about 12 pancakes.
- I always use butter for cooking pancakes. It gives them that perfect golden colour.
Related hot dessert recipes
This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.