Deep fried Mars bars recipe
These deep fried Mars bars are so naughty and so nice at the same time. They go all gooey and delicious inside when fried. Serve them up with ice-cream.
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 12 fun size Mars bars
- Vegetable oil for frying
In a bowl, whisk together the flour, water and salt.
Heat the vegetable oil until hot (190°C).
Dip the Mars bars into the batter and drop into the oil.
Fry until golden. Drain on paper towel.
- I like to serve these with ice cream.
- These cook quite quickly and are best served hot.
- I have seen recipes that tell you to freeze the Mars bars but I prefer them to be all melted and warm inside.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.