Deep fried Oreos recipe
- 1 pkt Oreo cookies
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup water
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
Turn on your deep fryer to heat if you are using one. The temperature to fry these is around 190°C, which is hot.
In a bowl, whisk the flour, salt and water until it makes a smooth batter.
Dip each Oreo in the batter, taking care to coat all over. Drop into the oil and fry until golden on one side and then flip to cook the other side.
Drain on paper towel and serve with ice cream.
- These puff up like little flying saucers and the centres melt inside.
- Don't forget to turn these halfway through cooking. They need to be cooked on both sides. They look nice with a sprinkle of sifted icing sugar if you have some.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.