Bacon and chilli rigatoni recipe
This bacon and chilli rigatoni is a perfect pantry meal that can be cooked in 20 minutes and cos's under $10. It's a tasty budget meal that will a great addition to any family menu.
- 500g rigatoni pasta
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4-6 bacon rashers, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 tin (400g) diced tomatoes
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- freshly cracked pepper
Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil and add the rigatoni and salt. Cook until tender, drain and set aside.
In a frying pan, heat the olive oil and fry the onion and bacon together until the onion is soft.
Add the garlic and chilli to the pan and fry until fragrant (about 2 mins).
Add the tomatoes and bring the sauce to the boil. Add the cooked rigatoni to the pan and stir the sauce through.
Garnish with parsley and sprinkle with freshly ground pepper.
- If you refresh the rigatoni in cold water when it is cooked, the pasta keeps its tube shape which is perfect for this sauce.
- This recipe makes 6 adult serves and will cost you less than $10.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.