Crazy corn fritters recipe
- 1/2 cup ground rice
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 4 shallots (spring onions), sliced finely
- 4 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- Vegetable oil for frying
In a bowl, combine the rice and self-raising flour with the salt, cumin and ground coriander.
Using a whisk, beat in the egg, water and lemon juice to make a batter.
Stir in the corn, shallots and fresh coriander until well combined.
Heat enough oil in a frying pan to cover the bottom.
Place heaped spoonfuls of the batter into the oil. Turn to cook the other side when golden.
Serve warm with sweet chilli sauce.
- I used frozen corn for this recipe. I just placed it in a bowl in the microwave on high for three minutes to defrost. You could also use tinned or fresh corn. You will need about three cobs to get two cups of fresh corn.
- You can make tiny bite-sized fritters for snacks using this recipe.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
Find related fritters recipes
- Bacon and corn fritters with coriander
- Banana fritters
- Easy corn fritters
- Noodle fritters
- Pineapple fritters
- Potato fritters
- Pumpkin fritters
- Veggie fritters
- Zucchini and potato fritters