Italian-style potatoes and beans recipe
- 1kg brushed potatoes, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1 tbsp salt
- 500g beans, topped and tailed
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
Place the potatoes into cold water and bring to the boil. Add salt and simmer for 5 minutes.
Add the beans into the same pot. Return to the boil and cook for 2 minutes.
Drain into a colander and leave to cool for a few minutes so they are relatively dry.
Heat half of the olive oil in the pan. Add the potatoes and beans into the pan and gently toss. Pour over additional olive oil and keep tossng until the vegetables are slightly coloured.
- You can use the wide ribbon shaped beans if they have them in the market. I just used common green beans.
- You don't have to fry these veggies too much. A coating of hot olive and a little salt is what you are after.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
Related vegetarian recipes
- Baked ricotta
- Bubble and squeak
- Easy salsa
- Eggplant parmigana
- Goat's cheese and herbed polenta salad
- Hash browns
- Mary May's crunchy on toast
- Paris mashed potato
- Pumpkin, feta and chickpea salad
- Simple pumpkin soup