Nutella crumble slice recipe
This delicious Nutella crumble slice can be cut into squares or bars and is a great treat for the kids!
- 3 cups plain flour
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 375g (1 1/2 cups) butter, melted
- 600g Nutella or hazelnut spread
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 23 x 33cm baking pan with baking paper and set aside.
In a bowl, place the flour, baking powder, salt, oats and brown sugar. Stir together.
Pour in the melted butter and stir to combine.
Set aside 2 cups of mixture and press the remainder into the bottom of the pan.
Heat Nutella in the microwave for 1 minute and pour over the base.
Sprinkle the reserved oat mixture over the Nutella.
Bake for 25 minutes or until golden. Leave to cool and slice into squares or bars.
- This makes a LOT!
- You can make this slice for parties or cake stalls.
- I used hazelnut spread and I couldn't taste the difference.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.