Pesto chicken turnovers recipe
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 2 cups water
- 6 tbsp basil pesto
- 2 cups barbeque chicken, chopped
- 2 cups pizza cheese, grated
Preheat oven to 225°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper and set aside.
Mix flour and water in a bowl until it forms a sticky dough. Turn out onto a floured bench and knead until the dough becomes silky and pliable (about 8-10 minutes).
Divide into 6 portions and roll each portion into a 15cm round.
Spread a tablespoon of pesto over each round. Divide the chicken between the 6 rounds and then do the same with the cheese.
Brush a little water on the edges and pull over one side to create a turnover. Press together edges with a fork. Place on tray. Brush a little water over the tops of the turnovers.
Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- The pastry on these turnovers is quite solid and acts like a shell to hold its contents. That makes these perfect picnic food.
- These are quite large and I think that you could actually make 12 smaller turnovers from this recipe.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
Related chicken recipes:
- Apricot chicken with parsley
- Asian chicken noodles
- Caramelized apple and cheese-stuffed chicken breasts
- Chicken fried rice
- Cheat's chicken biryani
- Chicken and cheese pasta bake
- Chicken and pumpkin risotto
- Chicken and sugar snap stir fry
- Chicken and vegetable pie
- Chicken bacon and mushroom fettucine
- Chicken balls
- Chicken risotto
- Chicken satay skewers
- Crispy chicken thighs with rosemary and potatoes
- Easy chicken casserole
- Easy Chinese lemon chicken