Blissful brownies recipe
- 100g 70% cocoa dark chocolate
- 10g cocoa powder
- 150g butter
- 220g sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1 scraped vanilla bean
- 100g plain flour
- 75g semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 100g single cream
- 115g semi-sweet dark chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 175°C.
Melt the chocolate, butter and cocoa powder in a bowl over simmering water until smooth. Stir in sugar, take off heat and cool a few minutes. Whisk eggs and vanilla together and stir into chocolate mixture. Add flour and chocolate chips and fold through until just combined.
Pour brownie batter into a greased mini cupcake tin, filling three-quarters full. Bake 8 minutes and cool in tin. Brownie is cooked when the edges are drying and a skewer comes out with very moist crumbs.
For the glaze, heat the cream until just boiling. Pour cream over the semi-sweet dark chocolate chips and rest one minute. Stir gently until smooth. Dip each cake into the glaze, allow excess to run off, then sit right way up. Set a sugar flower on top and allow to set. Makes 4 dozen.
- This recipe was created by The Curious Chocolatier, Heidi Ross. Enjoy the full article in Handmade Living: a designer collective by Tania McCartney and Tina Snerling.