Chilli garlic beef stir fry recipe
This chilli garlic stir fry will be ready in a snap. Serve it on rice or noodles for a great family meal.
- 3 tbsp peanut oil or vegetable oil
- 750g rump steak, sliced into thin strips
- 500g Chinese-style frozen vegetables
- 1/4 cup chilli garlic sauce
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
In a wok, heat a little of the oil until it is very hot and fry the steak in small batches until just cooked. Set aside in a warm place. In the same wok, add the vegetables and stir fry until tender.
Add the chilli garlic sauce and the oyster sauce to the wok with a splash of water. Return the beef to the wok and toss until all ingredients are hot and covered in the sauce.
Serve with rice or egg noodles.
- I used Lee Kum Kee chilli garlic sauce for this recipe.
- A hot wok and super fast cooking is the trick to making sure that your beef is melt-in-your-mouth tender.
- Using frozen veg is a very economical way of making stir fry dishes.
Find more quick dinner recipes
- Beef and glass noodle stirfry
- French omelette
- Easy lamb koftas
- Fettucine alfredo
- Spaghetti with tuna and tomatoes
- Chicken and sweet corn soup
- Chicken wraps
- Steak sandwich
- Gnocchi with tomato and basil
- Penne with ricotta, spinach and cherry tomatoes
This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.