Temptation cupcakes recipe
- 1 Betty Crocker Devil's food cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1 quantity chocolate mousse
- 1 quantity ganache
- 200g white chocolate
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 12 cup tray with patty pans and set aside.
Using a mixer, mix the cake mix, eggs, oil and water together and beat for 3 minutes on high.
Stir through the chocolate chips.
Fill each patty pan to 2/3rds full and bake for 15-18 minutes.
Leave to cool.
Place the chocolate mousse into a piping bag, using a small round nozzle.
Push the nozzle into the centre of the cupcake and squeeze a quantity of chocolate mousse into the centre.
Using a palette knife, top each cupcake with a generous coating of ganache.
Melt the white chocolate in the microwave, stopping to stir well at 30 second bursts. Place the melted chocolate in a ziploc bag. Snip the corner off and drizzle the tops of the cupcakes with the white chocolate.
- It goes without saying that these are just for the real chocolate lovers amongst us!
- I used a cake mix because I love this particular one and these cupcakes are already quite involved with the mousse and ganache.
- I recommend that you make both the mousse and ganache ahead of time. You can re-melt the ganache in the microwave for a minute to get it back to that glossy consistency.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.