Chicken and potato croquettes recipe
- 1kg potatoes, cooked and drained
- 300g cooked chicken, finely chopped
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- 2 celery sticks, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten (for crumbing)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 cup breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
In a bowl, mash the potatoes. Add the chicken, shallots, celery, garlic, salt, cumin, nutmeg and one egg. Combine well.
Using wet hands, form into 4cm long cylinders and refrigerate until chilled.
Whisk the eggs with the milk and lay out the flour and breadcrumbs on separate plates. Roll the croquettes in the flour, dip into the eggwash and cover in crumbs.
Heat the oil and deep fry until golden. Serve with mayonnaise.
- I put my potatoes through a ricer for faster mashing.
- If you don't feel like crumbing these, you can just roll them in flour and they still cook up really well.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
Find more chicken recipes:
- Amazing roast chicken
- Apricot chicken with parsley
- Asian chicken noodles
- Caramelized apple and cheese-stuffed chicken breasts
- Chicken fried rice
- Cheat's chicken biryani
- Chicken and cheese pasta bake
- Chicken and pumpkin risotto
- Chicken and sugar snap stir fry
- Chicken and vegetable pie
- Chicken bacon and mushroom fettucine
- Chicken balls
- Chicken risotto
- Chicken satay skewers
- Crispy chicken thighs with rosemary and potatoes
- Easy chicken casserole
- Easy Chinese lemon chicken