Orange poppyseed muffins recipe
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 orange, skin and all blended well
- 1 tbsp poppyseeds
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 12 cup muffin tray and set aside.
In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt and mix.
In a jug, combine the egg, milk, oil, orange and poppyseeds.
Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients using a spatula until the batter is just wet.
Using a 1/3 cup measure, fill each muffin cup and smooth the top.
Bake for 22-25 minutes. Leave to cool in the tray for 5 minutes and then cool on a wire rack.
- Some people like to soak the poppyseeds in milk before using. I didn't this time and the muffins were still moist.
- I chopped the orange roughly before I placed it in the blender. Yes you read right. You just blend the whole orange, skin, pips and all!
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.