Fruity chicken and rice recipe
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 1/4 cup cooked chicken breast, finely diced
- 400g tin apricots in fruit juice
Drain the apricots and reserve the juice. Take half of the apricots and blend using a stick mixer. Add a little of the reserved juice if required.
Dice the remaining apricots.
In a saucepan, place the rice with the chicken, puree and diced apricot. Warm gently and serve.
- If your baby requires a smoother texture or is still having pureed foods, you can use the reserved juice to thin it out as you puree it.
- I used a portion of BBQ chicken for this dish and served the rest to my family.
Find related baby recipes
- Chicken, rice and vegetables
- Baked custard recipe
- Chicken and corn chowder
- Beef and vegetable dinner recipe
- Banana and honey porridge
- Easy beef casserole
- Simple pumpkin soup recipe
- Fruit puree recipe
- Egg and vegetable omelette recipe
This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.