Black cherry blondies recipe
- 100g butter
- 200g white chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup self raising flour
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 420g tin black cherries, drained
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a slice tin with baking paper and set aside.
In a saucepan, melt the butter and add chopped chocolate. Remove from heat and whisk until all of the chocolate has melted. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
Add the plain and self raising flour, eggs and sugar to the saucepan and mix well with a wooden spoon.
Pour into slice tin and spread with a metal spoon. Press the black cherries into the mixture.
Bake for 30 minutes. Leave to cool in tin and slice into squares.
- I love recipes that use very few dishes and this is one of them.
- Make sure you drain the cherries well so the juice doesn't stain your blondies.
- When you mix in the flour,s the mixture is really thick and kind of splits. This is how the mixture is meant to be.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.