Chicken fettucine with basil and tomato cream recipe
This creamy chicken pasta has a delicious sauce that will make you want to lick the bowl! Serve it up to your friends when you want something fancy but don't have much time.
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp chicken stock powder
- 3/4 cup semi-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 500g fettucine, cooked al-dente
In a frying pan, brown the chicken in batches and set aside aside in a warm place.
In the same pan, add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the cream, water and stock powder.
Bring to the boil and add the chicken to the pan with the tomatoes.
Simmer until the sauce thickens a little and stir in the basil.
Add the pasta to the pan and stir to heat and coat. Serve with some fresh basil leaves on top.
- Using a good quality fresh pasta will give you a superior finish with this dish.
- You can make this in less than 20 minutes.
- Using the oil from the semi-dried tomatoes is a great way to give this dish a flavour boost.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.