Christmas chocolate spoons recipe
These chocolate spoons are lots of fun to make and decorate and they make cute little presents to give at Christmas.
- 200g white chocolate
- 200g milk chocolate
- Coated chocolate chips
- Plastic spoons
- Resealable bags
- Christmas style ribbon
Lay spoons out on a tray covered with baking paper. Prop the end of the spoons up so they are level.
In a glass bowl, heat the white chocolate for 30 second increments in the microwave, stirring constantly until it is melted and smooth. Pour into a resealable bag. Repeat with the milk chocolate.
Snip a small corner of the bag and fill half of the spoons with white chocolate and half with the milk chocolate. Tap each spoon so the chocolate is a level spoonful.
Pour the remainder of each chocolate into fresh ziploc bags. Snip a very small corner off and pipe your chosen designs on the spoons.
Add the cachous and coated chocolate chips. Tie ribbons around the spoons. Place spoons in the refrigerator to set.
- I piped christmas trees and christmas lights on my spoons but you can pipe your own designs.
- Cachous are a fancy name for silver edible balls.
- Use the best chocolate you can afford for these spoons. The taste really matters.
- You can cover these in clear cellophane and give them as gifts.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
Related Christmas recipes:
- Christmas-style coleslaw
- Christmas burgers with the lot
- Easy Christmas turkey
- Simple Christmas terrine
- Glazed baked ham
- Cranberry, prosciutto and pistacho stuffing
- Christmas ham
- Christmas tree biscuits
- Christmas pastry wreaths
- Sneaky mini Christmas puddings
- Easy Christmas pudding ice-cream
- Christmas cookies
- Christmas cupcakes with butter frosting
- Boiled Christmas pudding with brandy custard
- Mars Bar Christmas crackles
- Christmas fruit platter
- Christmas gingerbread families
- Light Christmas cake
- Easy Christmas jellies
- Spiced Christmas muffins
- Traditional panforte
- Christmas shortbread
- Chocolate rumballs
- Christmas fruit cake
- Christmas punch
- White Christmas crackles
- Christmas brownies
- Reindeer cupcakes
- White Christmas slice