Christmas angel ice creams recipe
These angel ice creams are dipped in jelly crystals and are lots of fun for kids to make.
- 1 tin sweetened condensed milk
- 600ml cream, thickened
- pop sticks
- jelly crystals
- Christmas-style ribbon
Line a slice tray with baking paper and set aside.
Using a mixer, whip the condensed milk and cream together until very thick.
Pour into the tray and tap on the bench to even the mixture. Freeze overnight.
Place the cookie cutters in hot water. Tie the ribbons around the bottom of your pop sticks. Lay out a plate with the jelly crystals on it.
Remove the ice cream from the freezer. Cut shapes out. Push pop sticks into the ice cream and dip in jelly crystals.
Lay them on the tray and return them to the freezer until ready to use.
- Make sure that the depth of the ice cream in the tray and the depth of the cookie cutters are the same.
- It's important to work quickly so these don't get too soft.
- I put my mixture in the deep freezer because it is colder than my fridge freezer.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
Related Christmas recipes:
- Christmas-style coleslaw
- Christmas burgers with the lot
- Easy Christmas turkey
- Simple Christmas terrine
- Glazed baked ham
- Cranberry, prosciutto and pistacho stuffing
- Christmas ham
- Christmas tree biscuits
- Christmas pastry wreaths
- Sneaky mini Christmas puddings
- Easy Christmas pudding ice-cream
- Christmas cookies
- Christmas cupcakes with butter frosting
- Boiled Christmas pudding with brandy custard
- Mars Bar Christmas crackles
- Christmas fruit platter
- Christmas gingerbread families
- Light Christmas cake
- Easy Christmas jellies
- Spiced Christmas muffins
- Traditional panforte
- Christmas shortbread
- Chocolate rumballs
- Christmas fruit cake
- Christmas punch
- White Christmas crackles
- Christmas brownies
- Reindeer cupcakes
- White Christmas slice