Bacon cheeseburger pasta recipe
This pasta dish has few ingredients, and is suitable for all ages from toddler up. I told my children that it was like bacon cheeseburger pizza but I don't tell them I have hidden veggies in there!
- 500g beef mince
- 6 slices shortcut bacon, diced
- 1 zucchini, peeled and finely grated
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely grated
- 1 tin (420g) condensed tomato soup
- 4 cups cooked small spiral pasta
- 1-2 cups pizza cheese, grated
In a frying pan, fry the beef mince until well browned and drain off any excess fat. Set aside mince.
In the same frying pan, fry the bacon until it is well browned and drain away any excess fat and discard.
Return the mince to the pan with the zucchini and carrot and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Pour over the tomato soup and pasta and combine.
Spoon into ramekins and top with cheese.
Place under a hot grill to melt the cheese.
- This dish is simple and appeals to a wide range of ages.
- You can prepare this dish well ahead of time and wrap the ramekins in cling film. Then when you are ready to eat, just microwave them until they are warmed through.
- I sneak the carrot and zucchini into this dish to add nutritional value and my kids have no idea it's in there.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.