Fruit smoothie recipe
This is a great breakfast in a glass for busy mums. Just whizz it in the blender and sip it while you make the kids lunches!
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1 cup fruit, frozen or fresh
- 1/2 cup natural yoghurt
- 1 tbsp wheat germ
- 1 tsp honey
- 6 ice cubes
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend on high for 2 minutes. Pour into a glass and serve immediately.
- For convenience, keep a box of frozen berries in the freezer for your morning smoothies. Frozen berries, such as blueberries, are also normally cheaper than fresh ones.
- Tinned fruit is also an alternative, especially fruits that are seasonal, such as mangoes.
- The wheat germ in this recipe is used to increase the nutritional content.
- I use a squeeze bottle of honey for less mess.
- If you are lactose intolerant or allergic to dairy, you can substitute with soy milk and soy yoghurt.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.