Steak Dianne recipe
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 8 thin or 4 thick slices of beef
- 1 tbs butter
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 tbs brandy
- 2 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 300ml thickened cream
Heat oil and cook beef. Set aside and keep warm.
Melt butter, add shallots and garlic stirring on low for 1 min.
Add brandy, Worcestershire sauce and cream.
Bring to the boil and reduce heat. Simmer to thicken for a few minutes.
Return beef to pan and coat in sauce. Serve on warmed plates.
- This is an old style sauce that never fails to please.
- I used fillet steak bcause it cooks really quickl but stays tender.
- I love to use a few good shakes of white pepper to add a new dimension to the flavour.
- Shallots are also sometimes known as green onions, but whatever you call them, they are the long green onions that like a little like skinny leeks.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.