Pasta bolognaise pie recipe
- 500g penne pasta, cooked al dente
- 4 cups bolognaise sauce
- 1 ½ cup pizza cheese, grated
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup parsley, roughly chopped
Preheat oven to 160° C fan-forced. Spray a 33cm springform pan with cooking spray and set aside.
In a frying pan, heat cooked pasta and bolognaise sauce until hot. Remove from heat and stir in half of the pizza cheese, half of the parmesan cheese, eggs and parsley until well combined.
Pour into the springform pan and smooth top with a spoon. Sprinkle remaining cheeses over the top and bake for 20 minutes or until the top is golden. Serve hot or cold.
- Everyone has their own way of making bolognaise and this recipe takes that into account - so make your bolognaise sauce the way you like it.
- Serve with a crisp garden salad.
- This pie can be frozen. I like to cut it into portions and wrap each one individually first.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.