Spicy chicken drumsticks recipe
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp Italian herb mix
- 1/2 cup gravy mix
- Canola spray
Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a tray with baking paper and set aside.
Place oil and Italian herbs in a shallow dish.
Place gravy mix, flour and pepper in a ziploc bag.
Roll the drumsticks in the oil mixture and then shake in the ziploc bag.
Place on the lined tray and spray liberally with the canola spray.
Bake for 40 - 45 minutes. Wrap end with foil when you remove from the oven.
- Don't try to use instant gravy in this recipe. The ingredients are different to gravy mix.
- These aren't a pretty colour when they are cooked but the flavour makes up for it.
- I like to cut a couple of slashes into my chicken legs so the heat can penetrate fully.
- I think these would be really nice if you used chicken gravy mix.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
Related chicken recipes:
- Amazing roast chicken
- Apricot chicken with parsley
- Asian chicken noodles
- Caramelized apple and cheese-stuffed chicken breasts
- Chicken fried rice
- Cheat's chicken biryani
- Chicken and cheese pasta bake
- Chicken and pumpkin risotto
- Chicken and sugar snap stir fry
- Chicken and vegetable pie
- Chicken bacon and mushroom fettucine
- Chicken balls
- Chicken risotto
- Chicken satay skewers
- Crispy chicken thighs with rosemary and potatoes
- Easy chicken casserole
- Easy Chinese lemon chicken