Caprese salad recipe
This is a traditional Italian dish that incorporates the colours of the Italian flag. Caprese salad is all about letting simple flavours shine through. It Find more on Kidspot New Zealand.
- 4 vine ripened tomatoes, cut into thick slices
- 4 large Bocconcini cheese balls, sliced into rounds
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- olive oil to drizzle
- cracked black pepper and sea salt
On a serving plate, lay slices of tomato and top each one with a slice of Bocconcini and a basil leaf.
Drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- The simplicity and quality of these ingredients is what makes the dish.
- I like to use the best tomatoes I can find because this dish is all about simple flavours.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.