Chicken and potato curry recipe
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion, cut into wedges
- 5 tbsp Yellow Curry Paste
- 500g chicken thighs, diced
- 400g small potatoes, halved
- 1 x 400ml tin coconut milk
- boiled rice to serve
In a medium saucepan, heat the oil and fry onion until translucent. Add curry paste and fry for 2 minutes to allow the spices to release their flavour.
Add chicken to the pan and brown in the curry mix.
Add potatoes and coconut milk to the pan and bring to the boil.
Simmer for 20 minutes. Garnish with sliced green onions and serve with boiled rice.
- This curry paste contains lemongrass, but you can add an additional stalk to the pot during cooking to enhance the flavour. Just make sure you crush the white part well so it is soft enough to release its flavours.
- You may need to add a little water to this curry as it simmers so it has plenty of liquid as it cooks.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
Related chicken recipes:
- Amazing roast chicken
- Apricot chicken with parsley
- Asian chicken noodles
- Caramelized apple and cheese-stuffed chicken breasts
- Chicken fried rice
- Cheat's chicken biryani
- Chicken and cheese pasta bake
- Chicken and pumpkin risotto
- Chicken and sugar snap stir fry
- Chicken and vegetable pie
- Chicken bacon and mushroom fettucine
- Chicken balls
- Chicken risotto
- Chicken satay skewers
- Crispy chicken thighs with rosemary and potatoes
- Easy chicken casserole
- Easy Chinese lemon chicken