Salted caramel tarts recipe
- 1 x 250g pkt Gingernut Biscuits
- 1 x 380g tin Caramel Condensed Milk
- Sea salt flakes
Preheat oven to 160° fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
Place the biscuit in a single later on the tray and bake for 4 minutes.
Remove from oven. Take one biscuit and press it into the bowl of a soup ladle so it forms a cup. This must be done while the biscuits are hot and pliable. You can wear kitchen gloves and use a clean tea towel to do this. You may have to rotate the biscuit around a little to create the desired cup shape.
Using a mixer, whip the Top’n’Fill for 2 minutes until it is smooth in consistency.
Spoon the caramel into the cups and top with a sprinkle of sea salt flakes.
- There are multiple recipes like this one that call for you to push the hot biscuits into a muffin tin to shape them but it never works for me – that’s why I use a soup ladle.
- I whip the caramel to make it smooth but skip this step if you don’t mind it being a little lumpy.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.