Tomato, onion and cucumber salad recipe
This tomato, onion and cucumber salad is my go-to everyday salad when I am on a diet. Just serve it up with a portion of protein and you have an instant lunch. Find more on Kidspot New Zealand.
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, chopped
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
Combine tomato, cucumber and onion in a bowl and drizzle over olive oil and vinegar.
Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Serve this as a side with protein, such as grilled chicken breast, steak, fish or even some tinned salmon or tuna.
- This salad tastes best when the vegetables are room temperature – try it and you’ll see!
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.