Coca Cola chicken recipe
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 2 brown onions, finely diced
- 4 cups Coca Cola
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 small chillies, seeded and chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat the oil in a skillet and brown chicken pieces. Set aside.
Cook the onion in the same pan, with the chicken juices, until translucent.
Add the Coca Cola, balsamic vinegar, chillies and salt and pepper to the pan; combine.
Return the chicken to the pan and bring to the boil. Simmer until the chicken is cooked through. Serve with mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables. Sprinkle top with torn parsley leaves.
- You can cook this in a pressure cooker if you are short on time. Just bring it to pressure and then reduce the heat, cooking for 10 minutes.
- If you want this dish to have more of kick just leaves the chilli seeds in.
- If you make a couple of slices in each chicken leg it will help them to cook more evenly.
- Amazing roast chicken
- Apricot chicken with parsley
- Asian chicken noodles
- Caramelized apple and cheese-stuffed chicken breasts
- Chicken fried rice
- Cheat's chicken biryani
- Chicken and cheese pasta bake
- Chicken and pumpkin risotto
- Chicken and sugar snap stir fry
- Chicken and vegetable pie
- Chicken bacon and mushroom fettucine
- Chicken balls
- Chicken risotto
- Chicken satay skewers
- Crispy chicken thighs with rosemary and potatoes
- Easy chicken casserole
- Easy Chinese lemon chicken
Related chicken recipes:
This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.