Homemade Irish cream recipe
Irish cream is a great drop to have in your home and a fantastic gift to make for friends at Christmas. Make a batch today and use it in cocktails or over ice cream on a hot day. Find more on Kidspot New Zealand.
- 1 cup thickened cream
- 1 x 395g tin sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate topping
- 1 tbsp instant coffee
- 1 2/3 cups Irish whiskey
Place all ingredients into a blender and blend for 1 minute.
Pour into a tightly sealed container and refrigerate.
- You have to use Irish whiskey. Don't be tempted to use Scotch as it imparts the wrong flavour.
- This will keep in the refrigerator for 2 months.
- Make a batch to pour into small bottles to give as gifts.
- This is delicious when blended with Kahlua and ice cream to make a mudslide cocktail.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
Related Christmas recipes:
- Christmas-style coleslaw
- Christmas burgers with the lot
- Easy Christmas turkey
- Simple Christmas terrine
- Glazed baked ham
- Cranberry, prosciutto and pistacho stuffing
- Christmas ham
- Christmas tree biscuits
- Christmas pastry wreaths
- Sneaky mini Christmas puddings
- Easy Christmas pudding ice-cream
- Christmas cookies
- Christmas cupcakes with butter frosting
- Boiled Christmas pudding with brandy custard
- Mars Bar Christmas crackles
- Christmas fruit platter
- Christmas gingerbread families
- Light Christmas cake
- Easy Christmas jellies
- Spiced Christmas muffins
- Traditional panforte
- Christmas shortbread
- Chocolate rumballs
- Christmas fruit cake
- Christmas punch
- White Christmas crackles
- Christmas brownies
- Reindeer cupcakes
- White Christmas slice