Smoked salmon and cream cheese spaghetti recipe
- 400g spaghetti
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 250g low-fat spreadable cream cheese
- zest and juice of one lemon
- 1 tbsp chopped dill
- 300g smoked salmon, cut into strips
- 2 tbsp capers
Place spaghetti in a large pot of boiling salted water and cook for 6 minutes.
Add the broccoli florets to the water and return to the boil, cooking for 2 minutes. Drain.
Add the cream cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice and dill to the pasta and broccoli and stir.
Transfer to warmed serving bowls, lay smoked salmon strips on top, then sprinkle with capers and dill sprigs.
- Smoked salmon is delicate, that's why it is added at the end. It also tastes best after it has been brought to room temperature before serving.
- Another option is to sprinkle some chopped red onion over the top - this will make the flavour punchy!
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.