Teddy bear pancakes recipe
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- Cottees Ice Magic, for decoration
- currants or sultanas, for eyes.
In a bowl, sift the flour and salt. Add the sugar. Stir to combine.
Whisk the egg in, then slowly whisk in the milk, adding a little at a time until you have a smooth batter.
Heat a frying pan over medium heat and add a little butter. Drop 2 tablespoon-size drops of batter into the pan for the ears. Add a 1/3-cup measure for the face and a 1/2-cup measure for the muzzle. Flip when bubbles rise to the surface and cook the other side.
When cooked arrange pancakes into the face shape and drizzle with Ice Magic to make the ear accents and the nose. Place the currants or sultanas for eyes.
- If you are a good freehand pourer you won't need to measure these pancakes into the pan.
- For chocolate bear pancakes, add 2 tbsp of sifted cocoa to the batter, and then use white chocolate to draw on the bear's face.
- Brush a little butter on the pancakes before decorating if you prefer.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.