Chicken nuggets recipe
- 500g chicken breast, diced into large pieces
- 1 1/2 cups good quality mayonnaise
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
Preheat oven to 200°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
Dip chicken pieces into mayonnaise and then breadcrumbs to coat. Place on tray and drizzle melted butter over each piece carefully.
Bake for 20 minutes, stopping to turn nuggets after 10 minutes.
Serve with homemade chips and extra mayonnaise.
- You can make adult portions of these and serve them with aioli (garlicky mayonnaise).
- Dry breadcrumbs are fine to use in place of the fresh, but you probably won't need as much butter to make them crunchy.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
Related chicken recipes:
- Amazing roast chicken
- Apricot chicken with parsley
- Asian chicken noodles
- Caramelized apple and cheese-stuffed chicken breasts
- Chicken fried rice
- Cheat's chicken biryani
- Chicken and cheese pasta bake
- Chicken and pumpkin risotto
- Chicken and sugar snap stir fry
- Chicken and vegetable pie
- Chicken bacon and mushroom fettucine
- Chicken balls
- Chicken risotto
- Chicken satay skewers
- Crispy chicken thighs with rosemary and potatoes
- Easy chicken casserole
- Easy Chinese lemon chicken