Green mango chutney recipe
Green mango chutney is an ideal accompaniment to Indian dishes and is well matched with chicken, prawns, tofu and brown rice. You can also have it on a sandwich with cheese. Find more on Kidspot New Zealand.
- 4 cups green mango, diced (about 4 mangoes)
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 1/2 cup red chillies, sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 cloves
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
Place all ingredients in a very large bowl. Cook in the microwave for 30 minutes, stopping every 10 minutes to stir until mixture has a jam-like consistency.
Store in an airtight container and refrigerate; it will keep for 2 months.
- This recipe bubbles up when boiling so using a large bowl is important.
- You can cook this on the stovetop, but you will need to be vigilant so the bottom does not burn.
- You may replace golden syrup with honey in this recipe.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.